Before your order our fast apostille service,ensure that the company document is notarized by a notary public in the same State that issued the document or an original certified copy issued from the State business Division.
Notarized Corporate Document apostille
Documents signed by company owners or agents. The document’s signature must be certified in fornt of a notary public in the same State where the company is located before it can be apostilled from the Secretary of State office.
Examples of company documents that need prior notarization:
- Company Bylaws
- Corporate Agreement
- Change of Agent
- Power of Attorney
- Business letter
- Technical Data sheet
- ISO Certificate
Original Certified copies of Company documents
Documents filed with the Secretary of State office, Business division and bear the official State signature / stamp. You must order a certified copy of your document from the State office before you can apostille your document. No notarization is required.
Examples of Certified copies of Company document
- Articles of Incorporation
- Certificate of Formation
- Certificate of Registration
- Certificate of Good Standing.
- Corporate Dissolution
Apostille US department of State
One Day Apostille also provides expedited federal apostille service from the US Department of State in Washington DC for all documents issued by federal Agencies such as FDA, FBI, USDA, USPTO, IRS, Homeland Security and Social Security Administration
Apostille Criminal Background Check is a required certificate to use an FBI Background Check in any of the Hague Apostille Convention Countries. you may obtain an FBI Apostille Background Check from the US Department of State in Washington DC.
However, you will need to learn how to get your FBI Background Check first from the Federal Bureau of Investigation. And One Day Apostille is here to help you with that.
Apostille Criminal Background Check is a required certificate to use an FBI Background Check in any of the Hague Apostille Convention Countries.
you may obtain an FBI Apostille Background Check from the US Department of State in Washington DC. However, you will need to learn how to get your FBI Background Check first from the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
One Day Apostille is here to help you with that.
What is an Apostille Stamp?
An Apostille is the accepted form of Attestation required to acknowledge the validity of the foreign documents. The Apostille stamp approves the authority of the signer, in which he or she acted , not the content of the document.
What does the word “Apostille” mean?
Apostille is pronounced as a·pos·tille \ə-päs-’til\
The term “Apostille” is a French word, which means “to certify”, was first suggested by the signatory countries to the Apostille Treaty Hague Treaty 1961 to describe the accepted international form of authentication to legalize foreign public documents. The word is also pronounced “ Apostila” in Spanish.
Sample of US Apostille Certificate
The accepted Apostille attestation in the United States must contain fixed information in order for the document to be recognized abroad. Although every state issues different form of Apostille Stamp, However, each Apostille must contain this information regardless of the designated authority that issued the Apostille.
US Apostille Sample
US Apostille Certificate must contain the following:-
- The Country (The origin country in which the document was issued)
- This Public document has been signed by ( The name of the person that signed the documents)
- Acting in the capacity of (The position/ function of the signer)
- bears the Seal/ Stamp of (The designated authority of the signer)
- At ( in which State it was certified)
- The ( the date of issuance the apostille)
- By ( Name )
- No. (The number of the Apostille certificate)
- The Seal/Stamp ( the golden Apostille stamp of the authority that issued the apostille).
- Signature ( the signature of the designated authority that issued the apostille).
Apostille Hague Convention Treaty 1961
The Apostille Convention is an international treaty, held in the Netherlands on 1961, to abolish the requirements of foreign documents.
Each signatory country to the Apostille Convention designated a competent authority to affix the Apostille Certificate to public documents destined for use in one of the other Hague Treaty members.
U.S. responsible authorities for issuing an apostille Stamp
The US government has assigned TWO different authorities to issue the Apostille attestation on documents destined for foreign use depending on the document type:-
Secretary of State office
The Local Secretary of State offices in all 50 states in the designated authority to issue the apostille attestation on public state documents such as:
- Court documents.
- Notarized documents by local Notary Public Like Power of Attorney, Affidavit
- Vital Records like Birth, Death, Marriage, and Divorce Certificate.
- Corporate documents like Agreements, Certificate of Formation.
US department of State in Washington DC
It is the designated authority to issue the Apostile Stamp on documents issued by the federal Agencies in the United States such as:
- The Federal Drug and Food Administration (FDA).
- The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI).
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
- The US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- The Homeland Security Agency.
- Social Security Agency
Since 1961, many countries have ratified the Apostille treaty to abolish document legalization procedure of foreign public documents. Here is a list of the countries that accept the Apostille form as an evidence of the document’s authenticity:
Apostille Convention Countries
International Certification in the United States
If you want to work, live or study abroad, you will need to certify your documents/certificates in order to be valid for use abroad.
Depending on your destination country, you might need “Apostille” or “embassy legalization.” This post will display the key information to know the difference between apostille and legalization.
We will also show you how you can certify your documents easily, timely, and above all, with the best available price.
Difference between Apostille and Legalization:
In the Hague, Netherland, 1961, the apostille treaty was signed and approved to abolish documents’ legalization requirements and replace it with a unified sample of the “Apostille Stamp.
Countries that have signed the treaty are no longer require document legalization from the embassy of the destination country in Washington DC and replace it with only an Apostille that can be obtained from the local Secretary of State or the U.S. Department of State in Washington DC for federally issued documents.
On the other hand, many countries didn’t join the Apostille treaty and still require the legalization of its embassy on any U.S. document to recognize its validity.
Documents issued in the United States and destined for use in a non-Hague country require certification from the Local Secretary of State, authentication from the U.S. Department of State, and finally, legalization from the embassy of the destination country in Washington DC.
How to apostille U.S. documents?
To apostille, a document is much easier than legalizing it. The Apostille is a one-step only, and then you are done.
While document legalization requires two steps before you can even go to the embassy for the final step, how can you obtain your Apostille by yourself? Here is how:
What is the type of your document?
If you have a state-issued document, then you can get your apostille from the local Secretary of State office in 50 States.
If you have a document issued by one of the federal agencies in the United States such as FDA, FBI, USPTO, USDA, EPA, U.S. Homeland Security, it will require an apostille from the U.S. Department of State in Washington DC.
Note: Documents signed by state officials such as (vital records) birth, death, marriage, article of incorporation does not require a prior notarization.
If you have documents signed by an individual, such as a power of Attorney, Affidavits, diplomas, then it will require being notarized in front of a notary public in the same State that issued the document.
Here are some documents you may have the Apostille on:
• Circuit Court documents.
• Birth and death documents.
• School transcripts.
• Marriage and divorce certificates.
• State criminal background checks.
• Power of attorney.
• Certificate of existence
• Certificate of Incumbency
• Patent Assignment
• Trademark Assignment
• Technical Data Sheet
• Certificate of Free Sale
• Certificate of Analysis
• an ISO Certificate
What are the steps and procedures to request the apostille seal from the Secretary of your State?
- Notarized document (if required, depending on the type of document).
- A cover letter contains; your name, address, name of the country where you wish to use your documents, and an e-mail address.
- A self-addressed envelope for the return & a prepaid airbill if you wish to use express mail.
- A check or money order payable to the Secretary of State.
– Some States may require a signature from the local county office prior to notarization
Most of the time, all Secretaries of State require the same points mentioned above.
How to legalize a US document?
If you are going to use your document in a non-Hague country, it will need to be legalized first. The document needs to be certified by the Local Secretary of State office, authenticated from the US department of State and legalized from the embassy of the destination country in Washington DC.
Legalization and Apostille Services
You can use the help of a legalization and Apostille service providers in the United States. One day apostille offers the lowest apostille and legalisation fee in the United States. Choose your destination country ( Apostille Countries or Legalization Countries ) to know fees, procedures and turnaround time.
One Day Apostille offres expedited Apostille service for documents issued by the US Department of Agriculture Office such as USDA Apostille
One Day Apostille assists U.S. corporations obtaining federal apostille for all documents related to Trademark and Patent and destined for international use.
However, there might be a little difference in the authentication process between using USDA Documents in a Hague Convention Participating Country or not.
Once you’re done reading this post, you will know what type of certification you need for your US Department of Agriculture documents.
USDA Apostille | 4 Business days | $50.00 per Document
One Day Apostille provides expedited USDA Apostille for all related documents for use in the Hague Convention Participating countries. Within 3 business days, we will hand-deliver your documents to the US Department of State in Washington DC, receive it back after 4 business days and ship it back to you on the same day using your prepaid return airway ticket.
One Day Apostille offers the lowest apostille service fees available all over the United States. We charge only $50.00 per Apostille from The US Department of State in Washington DC.
You can check a list of the Hague convention participating countries Here
How to apostille USDA ?
Send us an envelope that includes your US Department of Agriculture USDA, your payment, your prepaid airway ticket to our Washington DC address. We will process your documents within only 4 Business Days, in charge of $50.00 per Document.
USDA Embassy legalization
If you could not find your destination country is not a member to the Hague convention participating countries, you will need to get the legalization of the foreign embassy in Washington DC. One Day Apostille provides USDA embassy legalization for use in the Non-hague Countries.
Apostille convention - The Hague 1961
Apostille stamp or “ Apostille Certificate” is required to be attached on any legal or personal document destined for use outside the United States. The word Apostille was first introduced in the Hague Convention, which was held in the Hague 1961. The Convention abolished foreign document legalization requirements and introduced the “Apostille certification ” to replace the long bureaucratic procedures of embassy legalization with just a single certification.
See complete list of all Apostille Convention participating countries
Apostille US documents for use outside the United States
The United States of America has signed the Apostille treaty on 1980, to abolish foreign document legalization requirements and to replace it with the Apostille Stamp
The United State has two designated authorities, which are responsible for the issuance of the Apostille Certificate. Which designated authority you need depends on the type of your document as follow:
- The Secretary of State in 50 states for public state documents and personal documents
- The US Department of State for all types of federally issued documents.
The Secretary of State Apostille Certification
All offices of the Secretaries of State all over the United State are responsible for attaching the Apostille Attestation on public State document and personal documents to be recognized for use outside the United States. Each type of document has a different legal procedure to be accepted for authentication from the office of the Secretary of State. There are a Secretary of State Office in each State in the United States:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Documents eligible for apostille from the Secretary of State
1) Company Issued Documents
Any corporate document issued by a US corporation and located in the same State. Company issued documents require prior notarization before a licensed notary public in the same State that issued the document.
Examples of Corporate documents including, but not limited to:-
- Minutes of Organizational Meeting of directors
- Certificate of Incumbency
- Power of Attorney.
- Shareholder List
- Restated Certificate of Incorporation
- Certificate of existence
- Certificate of Analysis
- letter of Intent
- Foreign Certificate of Registration
- Agency Agreement
- Letter of Resignation
- Operating Agreement
- Shareholder certificate of Interest
- Business Letter
- Distributor Agreement
- Asset purchase Agreement
- Foreign Certificate of Registration
- Letter of Authorization
- Bill of Sale
- Termination of foreign Corporation
- Articles of Incorporation
- ISO Certificate
- Certificate of Formation
- Shareholder Contribution Schedule
- Certificate of Merger
- Technical Data Sheet
- Corporate Consolidation
- Agreement to Form a Corporation
- Corporate Resolution
- Change of Agent
- Statement of Dissolution
- Company Bylaws
- Free sale Certificate
- Consolidation Certificate
- Stock Purchase Agreement
- Business License
- Stock Certificate
- Certificate of Good Standing
2) Commercial Export Document
It is a document used for the exportation of goods and products outside the United States. An export document must be signed by a corporate agent and notarized by a notary public before it can be eligible for the Secretary of State Apostille.
Examples of Export documents including, but not limited to:-
- Commercial Invoice
- Dangerous Goods Certificate
- Shipper Letter of Instruction
- Certificate of Origin
- Consular Invoice
- Certificate of Analysis
- Packing List
- Pro Forma Invoice
- Pre-Shipment Inspection
- Bill of Lading (Air, Ocean, Truck, Rail)
- Letter of Credit
- Veterinary certificate
- Insurance Certificate
- Export License
- Sales certificate
- Halal Certificate
- Bank Draft
- Weight Certificate
- Kosher Certificate
- Export Declaration
- Fumigation Certificate
- Health Certificate
- Phytosanitary Certificate
3) Educational Documents
Educational documents or academic credentials must be issued by the public/ private schools/ universities in the same State, where you are going to get your Apostille. Educational documents must be signed by the school/ university registrar and notarized by a commissioned notary public before it can be apostilled from the Secretary of State.
Examples of Educational Documents including, but not limited to:-
- School/ College Transcript
- School/ College Diploma
- Teaching Credentials
- TESOL Certificate
- Bachelor Degree/ Certificate
- Graduate Record Examination GRE
- Doctorate Certificate
- Master Degree
- Associate Degree
- Doctorate Degree
4) Vital Records
Vital records are documents issued by the state agencies such as the local health departments and doesn’t require a prior notarization.
Examples of Educational Documents including, but not limited to:-
- Birth Certificate
- Death Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Certificate
- Divorce decree
- Driver License
- US Passport
5) The US Department of State Apostille Certification
The US State Department in Washington Dc is responsible for the issuance of Apostille Certificate on documents issued by federal entities or agencies such as the FDA, the FBI, the USPTO, the EPA, the USDA, the SSA, the IRS, and department of Homeland Security.
Examples of Federal Documents including, but not limited to:-
- FDA Documents
- FBI Document
- Homeland Security Documents
- Sanitation Certificate
- Criminal Background Check
- Naturalization Certificate
- BSE- Free Certificate.
- USPTO Documents
- Social Security Documents
- Certificate of Free Sale (CFS).
- Social Security Benefit Letter
- Certificate of Exportability.
- Certificate to Foreign Government (CFG).
- USDA Documents
- Certificate of Non-Clinical Research Use Only Materials Certificate.
- Plant certificate
- Good Manufacture Practice Certificate (GMP).
- Animal Health Certificate
- Certificate of Pharmaceutical products (COPP).
- Phytosanitary Certificate
- Certificate of Pharmaceutical product- Foreign Manufacturer
- IRS Documents
- Specified Risk Material of Bovine, Ovine, and Caprine Origin Materials.
- Form 6166‐ US Tax Residency
If you have any problem certifying your document, or you are in a time pressed situation, you can use our expedited Apostille service. Please visit www.onedayapostille.com to choose your country and compare our prices.
In our next article we will be talking about document legalization for non signatory countries to the Hague Apostille convention.
If you are in a time pressed situation and need to expedite Egypt embassy legalization for you Certificate of Origin, you can use the service. of One Day Apostille.
Otherwise, you may continue reading to know how you can do it by yourself.
What is a Certificate of Origin?
A Certificate of Origin, abbreviated as C/ O and COO, is an essential export document, which is used in the International trade to attest that a particular exported goods are wholly manufactured and processed in the United States. Some countries require a Certification of Origin for the export of certain products, while a statement of origin on a company letterhead will be sufficient for other countries. It is the responsibility of the exporter to verify the importer requirements and the export rules of the imported country.
Numerous countries in the MENA region(countries in the Middle East and North Africa) requires a generic Certificate of Origin to be filled and signed by the exporter as a printed form or as an electronic version( determined also by the importer).
Certificate of Origin - Template PDF Version
Use this template if the products/ goods intended for export are wholly manufactured and processed in the United States.
Affix the Appended Declaration along with the Generic Certificate of Origin if the products/ goods intended for export are not manufactured in the United States.
Certificate of Origin Requirements
Whether you used the previously attached COO version or used your own printable form, a Certification of Origin must state certain information about the importer, exporter and the shipment being exported. We can sum it up as follows:-
- The shipper/ exporter’s name, address and phone number.
- The recipient /importer’s name, address and phone number
- The exact weight of the exported cargo
- The number of enclosed packages
- A description about the exported goods.
- The country of origin
Prepare a Certificate of Origin for use in Egypt?
1) Download the C/O template that suit your exported cargo.
You may use your own version of C/ O, or you may use the below attached version. Either ways, you must ensure that the Certificate of Origin contain all the previously mentioned information about the exporter, importer and the shipment.
Certificate of Origin templates
2) Fill the Certificate of Origin and sign it.
If you have decided that you don’t need a lawyer and that you are going to prepare your Certificate of Origin by yourself, you have to pay complete attention while doing it so as to make any mistake that cost you a lot later. After you have decided what type of Certificate of Origin you need, you have to read it carefully once and twice to make sure that is describe and state the same purpose that you are looking for. If you have found in the C/O form any statement that you cannot understand, don’t use this form and choose another one. Do Not sign the Certificate of Origin except when you have fully understand every word in the form.
Please pay attention that you will need to provide an arabic translation for your Certificate of Origin because you are going to use it in Egypt.
3) Get the Required authentications
1. Sign the Certificate of Origin before a Notary Public
The Certificate of Origin is a legal document that must be certified in front of a notary public in your State before you can certify it from the State office. Click here to search your nearest commissioned notary public in your State.
2. Certify your document from your local secretary of State Office
Contact the Secretary of State office in the same state where the notary is licensed. Ask for A certificate of Authenticity from your local State office. Click here to go to the Secretary of State official website in your State
3. Get the US Department of State authentication in Washington DC
It is time to obtain the authentication from the US department of State in Washington DC. See USDOS Contact information Below:
|Approximate Processing Time||(7-10) business days + Mailing Time for mailed requests
Same Day for Walk-In Service
|Fees||Regular Apostille Service: $20.00per document
Expedited Apostille service: $ 26.00 per document.
|Accepted payment Types||-Check, Money Order- Make it payable to (the California Secretary of State).
-Cash is available for Walk-in service ONLY.
|Working hours||Monday -Friday
8:00 am-4:30pm PST.
|Walk-In Address||Sacramento Main Office
1500 11th Street, 2nd and 3rd Floors
Sacramento, CA 95814
Los Angeles Regional Office
300 South Spring Street, Room 12513
Los Angeles, CA 90013
|Mailing Address||California Secretary of State-Sacramento Main Office
Notary Public Section
P.O. Box 942877
Sacramento, CA 94277–0001
|Telephone||Los Angeles office: (213) 897-3062
Sacramento Main Office: (916) 657-5448 Ex: 2– (916) 653–3595
4. The Stamp of the US Arab Chamber of Commerce
Contact the US- Arab Chamber of Commerce office in Washington DC to stamp the Certificate of Origin as required by the Egyptian embassy. The Chamber charges $35.00 per document, processing time is 1 business day
5. Get Egypt Embassy Legalization
You have to contact the appropriate Egyptian Embassy or Consulates ,Depending on the State, in which your Certificate of Origin was issued, as follow:-
- If your document is issued in any of these States: Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Virginia, Washington, DC, West Virginia, Contact the Embassy of Egypt in Washington DC.
- If your document is issued in any of these States: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont, New York, Contact the Consulate of Egypt in New York, NY.
- If your document is issued in any of these States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Wisconsin, Contact the Consulate of Egypt in Chicago, IL.
- If your document is issued in any of these States: Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Hawaii, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, Utah, Contact the Consulate of Egypt in Los Angeles, CA.
- If your document is issued in any of these States: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Contact the Consulate of Egypt in Houston, TX.
If you are in a time pressed situation and you want to expedite Egypt Embassy Legalization for Certificate of Origin, please contact www.onedayapostille.com to legalize Certificate of Origin for Egypt timely and effectively.
Do you need to Apostille a Certificate of Free Sale?
One Day Apostille provides expedited Free Sale Certificate Apostille service from the US Department of State in Washington DC. The Free sale Certificate is a federal document, issued by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The document will be apostilled and shipped back to you after only 4 business days, fees is $50.00 per Stamp.
Apostille photocopies (PDF Format) of FDA documents in just One Business Day- It must be notarized.
FDA Export Certificates
The FDA export certificates are official documents issued by the Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) upon request. The certificate contains regulatory, marketing status and storage information about the exported product. The FDA issues different types of certificates, depending on the product type and the importing country. Examples are:
- Certificate of Free Sale is for food (CFSAN)
- EU Health Certificates for Food
- Certificate of Foreign Government” (CDER, CBER, CDRH, CVM)
- Certificate of Exportability (CDRH,CDER, CBER, CVM)
- Specified Risk Materials of Bovine Origin Materials (CFSAN)
- Certificate of a Pharmaceutical Product (CDER, CBER, CVM)
- Nonclinical Research Use Only Certificate (CDRH, CBER)
FDA Free Sale Certificate
Free sale Certificate or Certificate of Free Sale (CFS) is a federal document issued by the US Food and Drug Administration to approve that the exported product is freely sold throughout the United States. It is required for the export of the following product:
- Dietary Supplements, Infant Formulas & Medical Foods (includes Vitamins, Minerals, Amino Acids, Herbals…):
The Office of Nutrition, Labeling and Dietary Supplements takes about 3 to 6 weeks to finish the electronic Application for Free sale Certificate. No expedited service is provided.
- Food Additives.
Office of Food Additive Safety Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition takes about 3 to 8 weeks to finish the electronic Application for Free sale Certificate. No expedited service is provided.
- Plant and Dairy Foods and Beverages.
Office of Food Safety Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition takes about 3 to 8 weeks to finish the electronic Application for Free sale Certificate. No expedited service is provided.
- Send us an envelope that contains all the following:
- Call to ask about Express Apostille for PDF Documents- You must call first
- We charge ($100.00 as a service fee + government fee) per document for embassy legalization. We will authenticate your document from the US Department of State and legalize the document from the embassy in Washington DC.
- If you are going to use your document in a Non- Hague Country, you will need to get your document legalized from the embassy of the destination country in Washington DC.
- We provide fast Apostille service within (1-4) business days, depending on the type of the document, in charge of just $50.00 per Document.
- If you are going to use your document in one of the Hague Convention Apostille Countries, you will need to Apostille your document to be valid for use there.
- If you found any problem authenticating your document, you can order the help of an expedited certification service provider like One Day Apostille.
- We have been providing U.S. corporations and individuals with professional authentication service for more than 30 years. We have the experience you need to finish your document fast and with the best available price in the United States.
- Document Apostille or legalization is a cumbersome process that requires you to follow a series of complicated procedures until you obtain your required certification. If you miss any step, or misspelled any address, your document may be refused or lost.
- After you have prepared your certificate, it is time now for authentication in order for your document to be valid for use outside the United States.
- Your documents
- Your payment confirmation.
- A note containing your contact information to contact you when needed and the destination country.
- A prepaid airway bill to send the document back to you after finishing the authentication process. Mail your package to the following address:
One Day Apostille is now providing expedited Certificate of Origin Embassy Legalization for Sri Lanka from the US Department of State in Washington DC. Sri Lanka is not a member country to the Hague Apostille Treaty and still require Sri Lanka embassy legalization to acknowledge the authenticity of foreign document.
One Day Apostille, will process your Certificate of Origin Embassy Legalization for Sri Lanka from the State Department in Washington DC within only 4 Business Days, and from the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Washington DC or one of its consulates.
Sri Lanka Embassy in Washington DC
2148 Wyoming Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20008
Phone: (202) 483 4025 – (202) 483 4026
Free Sri Lanka Documents review
Not sure if your document is ready for an apostille or not?
No problem, We will check your document for verification before you send it to us.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Scan your document.
- Fill the order form.
- Upload a copy of your document for screening.
- Wait the reply from our customer support.
One Day Apostille process all types of documents issued in the U.S United States and destined for use in any country. If you did not find your document here, please contact us at: email@example.com to review your request free of charge.
Our prices does not include the shipping fees. clients must enclose a prepaid airway bill to return your documents, otherwise, it will be returned via United State Postal Services. If you need to return your document to an international address, please include an international airway bill with your request.
We accept all major credit cards payments, company check, and money order
Make your payment payable to “One Day Apostille”
Apostille FDA California