If you are in a time pressed situation and need to expedite Egypt embassy legalization for you Certificate of Origin, you can use the service. of One Day Apostille.
Otherwise, you may continue reading to know how you can do it by yourself.
What is a Certificate of Origin?
A Certificate of Origin, abbreviated as C/ O and COO, is an essential export document, which is used in the International trade to attest that a particular exported goods are wholly manufactured and processed in the United States. Some countries require a Certification of Origin for the export of certain products, while a statement of origin on a company letterhead will be sufficient for other countries. It is the responsibility of the exporter to verify the importer requirements and the export rules of the imported country.
Numerous countries in the MENA region(countries in the Middle East and North Africa) requires a generic Certificate of Origin to be filled and signed by the exporter as a printed form or as an electronic version( determined also by the importer).
Certificate of Origin - Template PDF Version
Use this template if the products/ goods intended for export are wholly manufactured and processed in the United States.
Affix the Appended Declaration along with the Generic Certificate of Origin if the products/ goods intended for export are not manufactured in the United States.
Certificate of Origin Requirements
Whether you used the previously attached COO version or used your own printable form, a Certification of Origin must state certain information about the importer, exporter and the shipment being exported. We can sum it up as follows:-
- The shipper/ exporter’s name, address and phone number.
- The recipient /importer’s name, address and phone number
- The exact weight of the exported cargo
- The number of enclosed packages
- A description about the exported goods.
- The country of origin
Prepare a Certificate of Origin for use in Egypt?
1) Download the C/O template that suit your exported cargo.
You may use your own version of C/ O, or you may use the below attached version. Either ways, you must ensure that the Certificate of Origin contain all the previously mentioned information about the exporter, importer and the shipment.
Certificate of Origin templates
2) Fill the Certificate of Origin and sign it.
If you have decided that you don’t need a lawyer and that you are going to prepare your Certificate of Origin by yourself, you have to pay complete attention while doing it so as to make any mistake that cost you a lot later. After you have decided what type of Certificate of Origin you need, you have to read it carefully once and twice to make sure that is describe and state the same purpose that you are looking for. If you have found in the C/O form any statement that you cannot understand, don’t use this form and choose another one. Do Not sign the Certificate of Origin except when you have fully understand every word in the form.
Please pay attention that you will need to provide an arabic translation for your Certificate of Origin because you are going to use it in Egypt.
3) Get the Required authentications
1. Sign the Certificate of Origin before a Notary Public
The Certificate of Origin is a legal document that must be certified in front of a notary public in your State before you can certify it from the State office. Click here to search your nearest commissioned notary public in your State.
2. Certify your document from your local secretary of State Office
Contact the Secretary of State office in the same state where the notary is licensed. Ask for A certificate of Authenticity from your local State office. Click here to go to the Secretary of State official website in your State
3. Get the US Department of State authentication in Washington DC
It is time to obtain the authentication from the US department of State in Washington DC. See USDOS Contact information Below:
|Approximate Processing Time||(7-10) business days + Mailing Time for mailed requests
Same Day for Walk-In Service
|Fees||Regular Apostille Service: $20.00per document
Expedited Apostille service: $ 26.00 per document.
|Accepted payment Types||-Check, Money Order- Make it payable to (the California Secretary of State).
-Cash is available for Walk-in service ONLY.
|Working hours||Monday -Friday
8:00 am-4:30pm PST.
|Walk-In Address||Sacramento Main Office
1500 11th Street, 2nd and 3rd Floors
Sacramento, CA 95814
Los Angeles Regional Office
300 South Spring Street, Room 12513
Los Angeles, CA 90013
|Mailing Address||California Secretary of State-Sacramento Main Office
Notary Public Section
P.O. Box 942877
Sacramento, CA 94277–0001
|Telephone||Los Angeles office: (213) 897-3062
Sacramento Main Office: (916) 657-5448 Ex: 2– (916) 653–3595
4. The Stamp of the US Arab Chamber of Commerce
Contact the US- Arab Chamber of Commerce office in Washington DC to stamp the Certificate of Origin as required by the Egyptian embassy. The Chamber charges $35.00 per document, processing time is 1 business day
5. Get Egypt Embassy Legalization
You have to contact the appropriate Egyptian Embassy or Consulates ,Depending on the State, in which your Certificate of Origin was issued, as follow:-
- If your document is issued in any of these States: Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Virginia, Washington, DC, West Virginia, Contact the Embassy of Egypt in Washington DC.
- If your document is issued in any of these States: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont, New York, Contact the Consulate of Egypt in New York, NY.
- If your document is issued in any of these States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Wisconsin, Contact the Consulate of Egypt in Chicago, IL.
- If your document is issued in any of these States: Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Hawaii, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, Utah, Contact the Consulate of Egypt in Los Angeles, CA.
- If your document is issued in any of these States: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Contact the Consulate of Egypt in Houston, TX.
If you are in a time pressed situation and you want to expedite Egypt Embassy Legalization for Certificate of Origin, please contact www.onedayapostille.com to legalize Certificate of Origin for Egypt timely and effectively.